Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Artisan bread- last weeks tester.

As some of you would already know from the Facebook page the last 2 weeks I've been trialling Artisan bread or more specifically spelt artisan bread which I did use the Thermomix to mix but what appealed to me was 1. You can keep the dough in the fridge and pull out what you need when you need it and 2. It's no kneed the you let the dough do all the work with the long rise time.

You don't need a Thermomix at all to make this bread I just choose a TMX recipe well because I own one and it is quick and easy. You can find the recipe here
http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/wholemeal-spelt-artisan-bread.html

For anyone without a tmx that might find that recipe hard to convert here's a non tmx version http://breadmakingblog.breadexperience.com/2009/08/artisan-free-form-loaf-boule.html

So with this bread you just mix all the ingredients together well no kneading at all and you leave it to rise for at least 2 hrs or up to 5 then put into the fridge and you can keep it in the fridge for however long you like and pull out what you need as you go. With the research I've done on it it seems too you don't need to wash out the dough bucket when you add a fresh batch to it all you have to do is mix it in.

The big plus for me is the fact you make it earlier and it won't over rise like other breads for me with 4 kids and a husband who works long hrs convenience is a big thing for me and just pulling what you need out of the fridge when you need it is great and leaves me no excuse not to make our own bread.

So how did we find the bread itself? Flavour wise it's delicious but its quite a stronger flavour which some may not like but we love the nutty, salty taste. Texture is lovely too quite fluffy and airy and a bit chewy which I also loved so overall here it got a bit A++.

Here's some photos below I was hoping to get one at each step but I always forget :D I'm too into the task at hand I forget the photo bit. The second picture is after the dough has risen a bit but it actually wasn't fully risen here it rises all the way to the top before it collapses.










No comments:

Post a Comment