Pages

Thursday 1 March 2012

Happy 3mths baby Hattie

Wow 3 months already, we cant believe just how fast its gone. The more kids you have the faster each one grows up it seems :(

There is so much I could write in here this bubba has brought something very special into all of our lives and that's not to say that the other kids didn't of course they did but there is absolutely something special about our Hattie.
I had a psychic reading done early in my pregnancy and she told us that this baby was more special than we could ever understand, she was from a previous loss we had suffered and that was a very rare and beautiful thing. The psychic had no idea that we had been through a miscarriage!!! I'm sure this is true cause a lot of other people comment on her as well saying when you look into her eyes she seems very wise or that she has never really seemed like a baby cause she is so engaging.
                                                                    

In the beginning Hattie was quite the "velcro" baby which I loved to be honest it was so nice to have such a little snuggler, for the first 7 weeks she was either feeding or being cuddle weather that was in my arms or in one of our baby carriers. The baby carriers were really fantastic it meant I could still get things done around the house and with a family of 6 there's a lot of work to be done plus I was able to still do thing with the kids while Hattie was content and happy.




We did things quite different this time as you probably already know she is the only bub I've breast fed more than 4 weeks (go me!!!) and with the feeding I've never looked at the clock or timed feeds ect she was just fed when she wanted it for as long as she wanted it even now I have no idea how many time she feeds but Id say its about every 2-3hrs sometimes more sometimes less and this has been so great. There is really no need to worry about how often she is feeding and just going with it has been compleatly stress free.

We have bed shared from the start but from about 8 weeks we set up our side car cot and thats fantastic, means we all sleep together but still have our own space but I can pull her in for cuddles whenever and makes breastfeeding 2hrly overnight easy. Its amazing really I can wake and feed her without it really disturbing me but Im still totally aware of her being there the whole time.

Proudly she has been in cloth nappies since birth and has only ever used one disposable nappy! The others were all in cloth but not from birth.

She hasn't been a huge sleeper and all my other were so at first I thought maybe it was a problem and that she needed to sleep several hours in between feeds but then I realised each baby is different just like we are as adults so like everything else we have just let her lead us in what she needs and we go with that.

So what's she doing right now? Well she is a super social bub who is always smiling and happy to have a chat with anyone (or anything for that matter), she is starting to try to roll from back to front and it taking starting to take an interest in baby toys but usually she is just entertained by watching the older kids play around her.
She is feeding max 2 hourly overnight which is totally normal for a breastfed bub and at first it was hard but I'm so used to it now I hardly need to wake up and if I don't wear a top she pretty much can just help herself, during the day she is about 2-3hrs in between but like I have said we don't really watch the clock.

So far she hasn't had any vaccinations, we will be getting her selectively vaccinated having the majority but we are still deciding just exactly which way we are going to go with it so haven't done anything as yet, you can always vaccinate but you can never un-vaccinate so its a decision not to be taken lightly. This is another thing we didn't do with the others because I just didn't know what I do now and I'm in NO WAY anti vax at all (just want to make that clear) but there's a lot more to vaccines than you doctor or child health nurse tells you so it pays to really research it.

So far having her in our lives has been some of the most enjoyable moments in mine and Pappa B's life and I can see just how much joy she brings the other kids too.

Happy 3 months Hattie May, we love you.
                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment