Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Healthy, yummy, no nasty ice cream?? Yes Please!!

I don't usually buy ice cream but I did the other day and realised its so hard to find an ice cream without lots of yucky additives in or "numbers" as lots of people refer to them, in Coles the other day I could not find one ice cream I would be happy eating or feeding to my kids so I asked around and found this rad idea.

Frozen Banana Ice Cream 



Yummy, simple, healthy and quick and easy.

All you need is some frozen bananas approx 1.5 bananas per person and a food processor or similar.
I cut the bananas into pieces and sliced down one side of the skin to peel off, popped in the food processor and whizzed up I also added some coconut sugar and some raw cacao. I would recommend using quite ripe bananas for this because depending on the ripeness once blended you can get a bit of that "greeny" taste so once there just a bit to ripe to eat alone is best I have found.

You will be amazed at the lovely consistency of the whizzed up frozen banana!!
I cant wait to try out some other flavour combos, like honey, vanilla, mixed berry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment