Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

My yummy yummy bliss balls


One of my fave healthy snack at the moment has to be bliss balls, I am a bit of a sweet tooth and we do eat super healthy in our house but I admit I just have not been able to kick my lolly/chocolate/ice cream habit *blush* and a lot of them are filled with so many nasties not to mention soooo much sugar. So I had been looking up recipes for healthy bliss balls and there wasn't one recipe I was 100% happy with so I made my own up using bits and pieces from a few recipes. 



12-ish dates, I like organic medjool dates nice and juicy
1 Tbs organic unrefined coconut oil
Pepitas
Almonds
1Tbs Raw Cacao
Spirulina powder 1-2 Tsp (optional)
Dessicated coconut

Method

De-seed dates if using seeded ones and pop into food processor with coconut oil and give it a whiz until its quite well blended into a paste.
I then chuck in some almonds a small handful I guess and some pepitas again I just chuck some in about a small handful and give it another whiz until there chopped up nicely through the date mix.
Add you raw cacao and spirulina (optional) and whiz again, I like to whiz it up until it forms a ball.
Then roll into balls and roll in dessicated coconut and your done :) I like them chilled in the fridge though makes them a bit firmer. 


You can do so many variations, you could include sultanas, dried cranberries, chia seeds, oats, whatever nuts you like and you don't have to add spirulina but I like to for the extra goodness and you don't have to roll in the coconut but I think it looks nicer :) 
The kids love them, they fill my sweet addiction and there good for you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment