Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

Waiting with excitement for my babies.

Am I the only one who find waiting for seeds to germinate really exciting?

And then when/if they do its such an awesome feeling if you haven't grown from seed before you really should try it because its even more rewarding I find.

At the moment 90% of what in my veggie patch I grew from seed, which includes tomatoes, rainbow silverbeet, beans, corn, pumpkin, zucchini, beetroot and our onions which of course we already harvested well before the new year.

My kids are Turing out to be keen gardeners like PB and I and for them to watch the transformation is really cool, they find it super interesting and I think it really makes them understand the work involved in producing good food.

My goal for this year is to grow as much as I can and to make sure I continual plant so I have a constant supply.

Here's what I've got on the go at the mo and yes that tray on the left isn't very well labeled but that's how I roll... Who doesn't like a surprise haha.

I'm really looking forward to the beautiful purple cabbages in the bottom picture. They are just beautiful.









No comments:

Post a Comment