Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

My latest project: Bread!!!

Baking you own bread is so rewarding, it's amazing how a few simple ingredients come together and turn into this beautiful home cooked creation to warm the heart.

I've taken the plunge and cancelled my weekly bread order from the health food shop because I've decided we will make all our own bread.
I mean I have a Thermomix so I really don't have any excuse not too.

So even though I'm excited I'm new to this and thought I would share the journey with you and hopefully inspire some of you to give bread making a go.

Now I'd made the odd focaccia and rolls twice before with my Thermomix and that's it in the 4months I've had it and well it was always rushed and I didn't really give it much of a though. But I've recently discovered the love for it.

Plan is to start out basic and then get creative.

So far this week I've done a spelt and buckwheat loaf which...well...I mucked up being distracted with my 3 eager helpers I forgot to grind the buckwheat grains up before adding the other ingredients. So I was thinking oh no goodness knows how this will turn out but we were all pleasantly surprised when it turned out totally AWESOME!!! The buckwheat grains had softened so they only had a slight crunch which added a nice texture and the flavour was just lovely.
It had the buckwheat flavour still but more subtle.
Was a winner with our pumpkin, zucchini and leek soup we made to go with.

Filled with confidence I decided to whip up some rolls tonight and went with a wheat/rye combo which was also very successful :D
The wheat/rye rolls where the bun for my yummy dinner of paprika sprinkled chicken and zucchini, red onion and rainbow tomato salsa with some organic fetta burger and homemade oven chips.

I never thought I'd get so much enjoyment from something so simple. I cannot wait to see what we make next.









No comments:

Post a Comment